Friday, October 24, 2008

Little munchkin!




Riley is now 6 pounds even. She isn't wanting to gain very much lately, and is very stubborn about eating. She has found that her tounge is very useful in pushing the bottle out of her mouth. And she likes to place her hand right in front of her mouth so its harder for you to feed her. Riley is very strong willed and that is something that will never change.
I look at her in her swing and she is just dwarfed by the seat, but she loves to sit and rock especially if there is music playing. She has a little stuffed giraffe that plays music that she loves to listen to. She will squawk and squawk, then as soon as you start it she will stop and listen. You can see her concentrate on listening.
She is getting stronger. When she has tummy time she can now lift her head all the way up off the floor and look around. Oh, and she has almost rolled onto her tummy now. If she would just push a little bit more she would get there.
This week is three weeks now. Its hard to imagine, since it seems like she has been home longer. I do have to say sometimes I miss my sleep though. She like to get up at 3 and stay up and play. Its times like this I wish we had one of her primaries here to entertain her. LOL but thats life.
She is also getting a little more comfortable with crying. Its still not much whe she does, but its still cute seeing her almost not want to cry.
For the first time 2 nights ago she held her bottle all by her self. It was the cutest thing, and she just sat there so content. She also knows when your about to feed her. I just have to lay her on her side and put the burp cloth under her chin and she will open her mouth and sit there until you give her her bottle. If she is hungry she now loves to suck on her hand on blanket if there is not a bottle or binkie in her mouth.
If I don't post before friday have a great Halloween!


0 comments:

We love our Riley