Friday, November 14, 2008

7 Pounds!

Well Riley has had a busy few weeks since I last wrote. We just went to the doctor yesterday and she is 7 pounds even and 20 inches long! Wow we have a seven pounder now, I still can't believe how big she has gotten. She is now about the size of an average baby, so at four months that's not to bad. LOL!
The Monday before Halloween Kasey came over and spent the day with us. Riley thought she died and went to heaven. She got held and played with all day. So needless to say for the next few days she did not want to be put down. Then on Halloween we went to Grandma Lovell's house to start working on her blessing dress. After that we got to go see Jerold for a few hours. Riley loved that! So to say the least it was a really good week.
On November 9th Riley got blessed by her daddy. It was a really great day, and she looked so cute. (I'll post a picture of that when I get them or Grandma Ahn could, Hint Hint). I didn't think I would be able to find a dress that would fit her so Grandma Lovell made her dress. It was amazing and Riley looked like an angel.
We had grandparents and our siblings then Jerold and Kasey made it as well. They are part of the family now so we were thrilled they could make it. We missed Camille and Liz but we will make sure we get to see them soon. Riley was up for a good three hours and when everyone left she crashed. She slept most of that evening and that night.
She giggled the other day. I herd something and I looked down at her and she had the biggest grin on her face. It was really fun. She will smile right on cue 90% of the time. Somebody will say something and Riley will just start to grin like she understands completely.
The doctor said she is doing really well with her development so far. She is pushing herself up onto her elbows and is grabbing for things now. One of her favorite things to grab for is your face. If you hold her so that she can see you she will reach out so she can touch your face.
Daddy is her favorite toy. She would spend all day in his arms if she could. He will go to put her down and she will fuss and fuss until he picks her back up.
Riley may be a little spoiled with attention but thats hard to help. She is our pride and joy and has stolen the heart of everyone that has gotten to spend time with her.

2 comments:

Robi said...

Omg, I cant wait for all that fun baby stuff! She looks absolutely adorable. You have an amazing little girl.

The Mike Woods Family said...

How fun! I love your page, it is really cute. I can't believe how big she is getting! Hope everything is going well! Talk to you soon!

We love our Riley